September 30, 2018 / 23:59
Competition deadline: Sun 30 Sept 2018
Exhibition at the Hive: 15th – 28th October 2018
The Canal & River Trust’s ‘Arts on the Waterways’ project The Ring invites you to enter an art competition with great prizes, inspired by a 21-mile circle of Worcestershire waterways! Selected entries will be exhibited at The Hive on a special screen on Level 1. Visit The Ring for inspiration and share your artwork, poems, stories, songs and films with artist-poet Emily Wilkinson at the 21 Miles blog or on social media @theringworcs #TheRing21.
Feel like getting creative this summer? If you live near or are visiting The Ring (Worcestershire’s 21-mile network of canals and waterways), you are invited to submit your art, writing or music to this blog and share it online. There are fabulous prizes to be won, including a tent from OLPRO, Canal & River Trust merchandise and fab stationery from The Hive!
Here’s how it works:
1. Visit part of The Ring network
2. Create something based on your visit which belongs to one of the following categories:
- Poetry & Creative Writing
- Drawing, Painting & Mixed media
- Film, Sound & Music
3. Submit your response by email or social media: You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, and it will be posted online by our artist blog curator. Please include your name, age and a title for your work. If entering via social media post an image or video of your work, and tag @theringworcs using hashtag #TheRing21.
4. Here are the criteria for submissions if emailing. Please read carefully!
IMAGES: No more than three per submission, must be 72dpi / RGB and under 1mb in size.
FILM & SOUND: Please upload your work to youtube, Vimeo or SoundCloud and send us a link to share. All appropriate entries will be shared online.